Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Update

Update on my life up here. I may have pulled a tendon in the back of my left knee, so that makes work (i.e. lots of walking) interesting. I'm doing it though. I had a day off yesterday. I spent the day sleeping, eating, playing Final Fantasy Chronicles: Chocobo Tales, and going to the bar. Jeremy is slowing improving his pool game and I'm learning darts so it's a lot of fun. I have to step up my pool game though. There are alot of decent-to-really-good pool players up here. It's lovely.

Quick list of the people I work with.
Jlota, Cody, Andrew - lodge assistants. Basically they carry things...a lot.
Jaclyn - housekeeping.
Lisa - bartender.
JJones, Chris, Jon - chefs.
Whitney - server. We rock the kitchen together.
Rachel - float. She relieves everyone on their day off.
Kenji, Billy, Justin, Derek, Bryce, Trevor - boat captains. Only five are ever working at a time.
Ryker - maintanence guy. You have to say his name with a slight hick accent. Ryyeker.
Margaret - does reservations for the airline.
Nani/Scott - married, the couple that own and run the lodge.
Nahele - massage therapist. Married to Bryce.
Huck - Nahele's 4 yr old son. He speaks huckanese.
Parker - Nahele's 7 month old girl. Adorable.
Emma - Nani/Scott's. 6 yrs old. Also very cute.
Skye - Nani/Scott's. 11 yrs old.

I think that's everyone. It's a solid crew. We all work hard, play hard, drink hard. Not much to do up here besides work, shoot the shit, and drink. And get really good at pool and darts. It's a good life. I haven't thought about or missed my phone for about three weeks. It's lovely.

Another update: I am going to Portland, Maine (funny) in the fall. I will be there for nine months working for Portland Stage, a theater company out there. It's a paid internship that provides housing and I will be working on lighting and learning sound design. Should be a good time. I head out right after I'm done with Alaska. More updates coming soon.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment