
Fun fact: I have never been fishing before. And I work at a fishing lodge. Go figure. So the other day I had the day off and had a chance to go out on one of the boats. It was so much fun! First of all, there are so many creatures out there! I lost count of how many humpback whales I saw. They were everywhere. Apparently it's a good sign for the fishing and so cool to see them. We saw them all morning, blowing water out of their blowholes and breaching the water. So wonderful.
At some point our captain, Bryce, threw a dead fish in the water and an eagle swooped down not five feet away from me and snatched it right out of the water. I'm pretty sure my jaw was on the floor. That was absolutely amazing. I also saw two sea otters, one on the way out there and the other on the way back in. I thought the first one was a log until it moved. Last I checked, logs don't move. But it still took me a few seconds to realize that it was a creature. So fricking cool. I am so in love with the wilderness up here.

And..I caught a fish!! I caught a king salmon, weighing in at 15 lbs. It was a nasty battle. That fish was really really stubborn. Really really stubborn. I had a lot of fun. It was a good first experience. My time up here just keeps getting better and better.

Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment