Hey. The internet has been kind of spotty recently. So I apologize. I don't personally mind; I love being shut off from the world. It is a wonderful feeling. It's been awhile since I updated so here goes.
Jeremy and

I had our six month anniversary on July 16th, for which he bought me a pool cue and a really warm hat. The hat was more for kicks but the pool cue is baller! I love it. It's mad smooth so I hit a lot harder than I'm used to but it's nice. A couple days later we went into town on our day off cuz I had never been and had lunch in town as a "date". As far as one can go on a date out here in the wilderness. It would have been much better had I been able to eat but due to my massive hangover, that was kind of hard. We had a group of people, the Wehyrichs (or the Whine-richs to us) and they are a handful. They're all professional race car drivers and a few of them are royal dicks that drink a lot. That being said, most of them are really good at pool so it was fun to play them. But I kept winning so the losers would buy me drinks and my partner would buy my drinks because we were winning...it didn't end well. I'm really happy that it was my day off the next day. Overall, I had a good impression of the group but they are not nice people. Very entitled.
Yesterday we went fishing up Sarcar cove. We took our whaler boat up (what we

nicknamed El Cap 71 cuz of the radio channel that the lodge boys are on) and it was Ryker, Jeremy, Andrew and I. Ryker is Ryker maintenance, Jeremy is Captain Lota, and Andrew is Matthew McConaughey cuz he takes his shirt off whenever he can. I tag along and gaff and gill the fish and drive the boat. It's a lot of fun. We killed it yesterday. You can catch up to 6 salmon a day per person and we caught 8 sockeye and 4 pink. They were jumping everywhere. It was kind of cool.

I then cut the fish afterwards - the things I'm learning up here. Tomorrow was also the first changeover day in the past couple that has gone as planned. Changeover is when one group flies in and the other flies out. A lot happens on changeover day. We normally try to fly people but that is weather dependent and the weather has not been in our favor recently. So we've had to drive people, which takes longer and makes everyones work day longer. But yesterday was a normal changeover day so it was nice.
We've had a few sunny days recently so my skin has actually seen some sun. We had three beautiful days in a row and I laid out everyday and started to burn. But that's ok. Sun is lovely up here. Everything is so pretty and the sun makes it that much prettier. It has been humid that past two days, which makes me unhappy, but no one else notices because they're used to way worse humidity. I said something the other day about the humidity and someone from Hawai'i was like, "Oh really?...I guess so." I love Utah most of the time but it does not do humidity well.
My days are pretty routine. Everyone has kind of hit the mid-season lull, where it's just a lot of work and not a lot of rest. It helps when you can connect to a group, because then you break up the monotony of job. But I haven't really been able to connect to the past few groups so it's been less exciting. I do get to go fishing on the big boat in two days. Should be fun. I haven't been in awhile.
Overall, I'm doing well. Loving the lack of rain and sometimes sun. My knee fluctuates between feeling bad and being totally ok. It all depends on how vigilant I am about ice, advil, and my knee brace. Yesterday was particularly bad as far as pain goes but I just popped some advil and went back to work. It will be nice to figure out how injured I actually am. Hopefully this lull will pass soon because it is so lovely up here that I don't like to be in a rut.
Love everyone! Barring lack of internet, I'll update more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment