The other day I got to go out fishing on one of the big boats. I went with Bryce again and had a great time. We caught all of our limits on silver salmon (6 person), king salmon (1 per guest) and halibut (1 per guest). I caught the first king. I was so happy! Then I caught two of the four halibuts. The weather was kind of gray but not too rainy which makes for more comfortable fishing. It was nice to get out of the lodge and see something of the area we're in. I'm starting to get a little bit of cabin fever and it's always nice when it's relieved. I have had a great summer so far but working all the time and not really being able to leave due to schedule, weather, a
In more animal news: I saw a bear! It was a couple weeks ago but Jeremy, Ryker and I went out to Whales Pass and visited the artifical salmon run there and saw a black bear try to catch some of the fish as they attempted to swim upstream. It was really cool. The bear was maybe 15 feet from us. Good times. Also, I fed a seal with my bare hands yesterday. We have a seal buddy who hangs out in our cove, Sealy Dan, and the lodge boys feed him after they cut fish at night. So on my day off I went down to the dock and took several salmon bellies down with me and dangled them in the water. At first nothing happened but then two big brown eyes came out of the darkness and just stared at me like "Are you gonna feed me?" I'm pretty sure I jumped. It was very surprising. He came back a couple more times and each time it surprised me. So cool! I have never fed a seal before. That was a very neat experience.
Love love! I enter the real world oh-so-soon and I'm not sure if I want to.
See everyone soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment